Annual Tech Conference: Future-Ready: Empowering Organizations through Technology
May 17, 2023
11:30 am - 6:00 pm
Future-Ready: Empowering Organizations through Technology
The Conference Theme is brought to you by ChatGPT
Join us in May for our annual Technology Conference, featuring executive keynotes, breakout sessions, and networking.
- 11:30AM-12:30PM – Check In & Lunch
- 12:30PM-12:35PM – Conference Kick Off & Welcome
- 12:35PM-1:35PM – Keynote
- Speaker: Amanda Alwy, SVP North America Information Technology & Analytics for ManpowerGroup
- Title: Transforming IT: Addressing Tech and Talent Debt
- Key Themes:
- Impact/trends of Automation what that means both from a Talent strategy and Tech transformation
- Skilling Up Talent for future needs
- Business Transformation through Tech – The path from legacy tech to optimized capabilities
- People first Approach – Right Talent leads to Right Execution
- 1:35pm-1:55pm – 20 Min BREAK
- 1:55pm-2:40pm – BREAK OUTS 1 & 2 (45 MINS)
- Speaker: Joe Scanlin, CEO & Founder Scanalytics
- Title: From Machine Age to Machine Learning : The Importance of a Future-Ready Organization
- Production of valuable data exhaust within an organization
- The role of augmentation with AI
- Workforce and organizational transformation in the new age of technology
- Speakers: Adam Gruszcynski, IT Security Manager Potawatomi & Robbie Reck, Recruiter Exec
- Title: Talent- Standing Out When Everyone’s Looking For It
- Everyone’s Recruiting – Separating your organization from the rest
- Upskilling: What successful organizations do
- Chatting with an Insider: Executive Recruiter Robbie Reck
- 2:40pm-2:50pm – 10 Min BREAK
- 2:50pm-3:35pm – BREAKOUTS 3 & 4 (45 MINS)
- Speaker: Don Doyle, CEO, FamAero
- Title: The future is now: Exploring the intersection of IOT and Automation
- DevOps – Developing infrastructure as code to manage and automate the deployment of IoT devices and systems.
- DataOps – Ensuring data quality and consistency across IoT devices
- Speaker: Kelly Buege, Application Security Analyst , Sentry Insurance
- Title: Building a Stronger Bridge: Enhancing Collaboration Through Secure Code Training
- The AppSec journey – Finding the initial divide
- Establishing a Connection
- Bringing it into Focus – How training can better relationships
- Moving Forward – How training can better the future
- 3:35pm-3:45pm – 15 Min BREAK
- 3:45-4pm – 10 Min Community Highlight
- Girls Who Code (2023 Philanthropic Partner)
- I.C. Stars
- Wisconsin IOT Council
- MKE Tech Hub
- WIT Wisconsin
- 4pm-5pm – Leadership Panel: Introduced by Steve Glynn Host of Experience MKE Podcast
- Women Empowering a New Era of Automation in Wisconsin Tech
- Missie Jakusz, Associate Director of Infrastructure and Operations at JJ Keller
- Luann Hopkins, Head of Automation COE at Generac
- Angie Dahl, Application Management Team Leader, Business Process Automation at Plexus
- Moderated by Tim Dickson, CIO at Generac
- 5pm-7pm – Networking Reception
Amanda Alwy, SVP North America Information Technology & Analytics for ManpowerGroup
Amanda has more than 20 years of industry experience, including master data management, business
intelligence, supply chain optimization, and merchandising.
Amanda began her career at Target leading retail operations focused on developing talent and running
a business. After a successful run in store operations, Amanda spent 8+ years at Target Headquarters
leading enterprise-wide improvements through strategy, technology, data & analytics, and process
enhancements. Her focus was on large scale change initiatives with master data and business
In 2015, Amanda took on a not-for-profit industry role at GS1 US, where she helped multiple
companies assess and improve their data management to deliver a seamless customer experience
improving information standards and business processes.
Amanda joined Smarte Carte, Inc. in late 2016 to create and lead a corporate transformation through
technology. As Chief Technology Officer, she was responsible for all customer facing products and
tools; internal corporate systems, cyber security, data and business intelligence; and Supply Chain.
While there Amanda implemented SCI’s first ever global HRIS, led the integration of two growth
acquisitions, and transformed their vending operating system for connected data monitoring of
equipment errors, inventory, and cash collections.
In February of 2021, Amanda joined ManpowerGroup where she is the Regional CIO for
ManpowerGroup North America. She leads IT, data & analytics, and technology transformation. She
leads with business strategy at the forefront, ensuring ManpowerGroup connects human potential to
the power of business.
Amanda has been a long time developer of talent, actively developing teams, as well as investing in
others individual success as a mentor. She is the executive sponsor of ManpowerGroup’s women’s
advocacy business resource group and ongoing advocate for women in technology.
IT Security Manager, Adam Gruszcynski, is responsible for reducing the overall cyber risk for Potawatomi Hotel & Casino while keeping all assets, team members, guests, and the Forest County Potawatomi Tribe safe and secure.
Adam joined Potawatomi Hotel & Casino in 2008. During his time at PHC, Adam has gained an abundance of experience by taking on various roles including Senior Cybersecurity Engineer, Lead Network Administrator, Network Administrator, and Application Administrator. Prior to PHC, Adam was Network Engineer at the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel where he began his career as Help Desk Intern. Adam is a graduate of Milwaukee Area Technical College.
As an engaged leader of the Potawatomi Hotel & Casino team, Adam is passionate about inspiring more people to explore career opportunities at PHC – within the Information Technology department and beyond – so they too can experience the great workplace that PHC truly is.
In his free time, Adam enjoys spending time with his family, being outdoors, watching All Elite Wrestling, and reading comic books (DC is better than Marvel).
Joe is a serial entrepreneur with demonstrated experience developing and commercializing deeptech solutions for both private and government customers. He is the named inventor on over 12 granted and pending patents in fields like advanced materials, artificial intelligence, computational linguistics, bioinformatics, and sustainability. He co-founded Scanalytics, which is a WI based spatial science and engineering startup. Scanalytics has featured work in publications like Nature, Applied Energy, and Scientific Data, and has won millions of dollars worth of competitive contract awards from the US Department of Energy’s Advanced Research Program Agency. Before his career in technology, Joe served as a non-commissioned officer in the United States Marine Corps.
Kelly has 5 years of experience in the Information Security space, with 3 years in Application Security. Kelly graduated from the University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point in 2019 with a major in Web and Digital Media Development and a minor in Business Administration. In 2018, Kelly began her Information Security career at the Sentry Insurance Co-Op as a part-time associate where she worked under experienced technology leaders. She helped manage vulnerabilities, monitor systems for breaches, and respond to incidents through the prevention and eradication of potential phishing and malicious threats from external sources.
In late 2019, Kelly was hired full-time on the Security Operations Center team at Sentry where she continued to manage and monitor vulnerabilities and threats while also maintaining firewall, proxy, and email policies. As a SOC analyst, Kelly handled front-end incidents with triage information, threat hunts, and intel gathering. She also played a large part in restructuring the incident metrics provided for the CSO as well as cost savings reports for team spending. Throughout 2020 and 2021, Kelly was already working on building out the Application Security program at Sentry by onboarding teams to their DAST tool, analyzing findings, and conducting security reviews with development teams.
Since August 2021, Kelly has shifted full-time to the Application Security Analyst role where she has lead the team through vulnerability management and data aggregation efforts, a revamping of Sentry’s secure code training program, and the beginning of API security restructure. Kelly has worked closely with developers and security teams alike to better align training to ensure secure coding knowledge and strengthen the relationship between the two teams.
Through her work on the Application Security program, Kelly has strengthened the communication between developer and security teams and was instrumental to establishing regularly scheduled security review meetings to better provide open lines of communication between teams.
Angie has worked in IT for 28 years. She worked for Kimberly-Clark for 23 years working in many roles from Server Management to Business Systems Analyst, and as a Lean Analyst. For the past 5 years, she has been working at Plexus leading Business Process Automation. Angie has a passion for process improvement and making working lives better. She promotes and leads the Wisconsin based UiPath User Group. She loves to work with youth through Scouts BSA and her youth group that is celebrating 20 years this year. She mentors youth in leadership skills. She lives in Brillion, WI with her husband and kids.
Missie Jakusz is currently the Associate Director of Infrastructure & Operations with J.J. Keller & Associates, Inc. Prior to joining J.J. Keller Missie worked for Kimberly-Clark for 19 years in a variety of roles from application development, business support, manufacturing infrastructure, and ultimately leading Infrastructure Delivery for the North America region. Missie has a passion for collaboration and building strong, empowered teams that work smarter, not harder. She lives in Appleton, WI with her husband, 2 children, 2 dogs, and 2 cats.
LuAnn has served as the RPA CEO Lead at Generac since October 2020. With her expertise and vision, she has been instrumental in advancing the experimentation, deployment, and maturity of Generac’s RPA program. Prior to joining Generac, LuAnn spent over a decade at Kimberly-Clark Corporation, where she served as a Senior Database Administrator from 2012 to 2019 and played a key role in the IT Technical Training team from 2002 to 2012.
LuAnn and her team are dedicated members of Generac’s Power Up Education initiative, actively engaging in community service by providing hands-on training on robotic process automation to students from the Brookfield School District. Through her work, LuAnn exemplifies a genuine passion for helping others upskill and succeed. She firmly believes that cross-functional communication and collaboration have the transformative potential to drive efficiency and innovation across the enterprise.
Tim Dickson has served as Generac Chief Information Officer since August 2020. Tim previously served as the Vice President of Front Office IT at Motorola Solutions from 2015-2018, and additionally served as a divisional CIO leading Emerging Technologies, M&A, and User Experience for Dell, Inc from 2004-2015. Tim has a BS in Industrial Engineering from Penn State University and an MBA from the University of Texas in Austin. Tim regularly looks for ways to give back to both of his alma maters as well as the community through #payitforward volunteerism. Tim has a passion for leading Digital Transformation efforts, upskilling and investing in Digital Talent, and helping to make the greater Milwaukee area and the state of Wisconsin and popular tech hub
Venue: Brookfield Conference Center
Venue Phone: 262-789-0220
Venue Website: http://www.brookfieldconferencecenter.comAddress: