March 15, 2018
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
According to a 451 Research report published in May of 2017, 52% of enterprises surveyed are running (some) containers in production. At the same time, most IT professionals are just getting started on their container journey through a chaotic container technology ecosystem. Mark Panthofer, VP of NVISIA’s technology center, presents a guided tour through the world of containers for beginners and enthusiasts.
Title: Guided Tour & Discussion: Container Technology
- What are containers?
- How do they fit with virtualization?
- Where did they come from?
- What is the current state of the container ecosystem
Business Case for containers and support for enterprise Initiatives
- Application Modernization >> Faster release cycles
- Cloud Strategy >> Cloud Portability and Interoperability
- DevOps >> Shift funding from application support to application Innovation
Explore use cases for containers
- Monolithic web app Lift and shift
Getting started with containers
Running Containers in Production
- Simplify – Single target platform for developers and DevOps
- Secure – Secure software pipeline, secure platform with RBAC
- Support – The container support ecosystems