The Future of the Data Center
July 18, 2019
2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Come join WTA as we learn about The Future of the Data Center. How we should be addressing some tough business questions on when and who should still be using it, versus moving to the cloud. The format of this meeting, will include three guest speakers, followed by a panel discussion on this topic, and of course, networking at the end!
About our speakers/panelists:
Kerrie Hoffman – Thriving in a Digital World
The pace of business is continuously increasing, and digital technology is a key factor in this acceleration. No longer are competitors your only threat. Your organization’s willingness and capacity to change, and employees ability to identify and capitalize on business opportunities at an accelerated rate, is crucial to survival in a digital world. At a time when everything is changing, the desired end state keeps moving. Learn:
- The context for acceleration and experience in the Digital World
- Why the “buzz words” are a reality to be accepted
- The impact of digital on the data center
Scott Arnett – The Future of the Data Center
Leveraging lessons learned from a successful career architecting, building, securing, moving, and migrating enterprise data centers to public or private cloud and hosting platforms, Scott’s presentation will offer WTA members and guests valuable insight and guidance including:
- The importance of critically analyzing your requirements and workloads to determine if moving workloads to the cloud is even the right choice.
- Best practices decision tree for what should stay on-prem vs hybrid vs cloud
- Data center asset depreciation status and other financial considerations that could impact ROI.
- Identifying the “low hanging fruit” that can be moved to the cloud for quick wins.
An expert panel of experienced data center practitioners will share their insight and real world examples of how their companies are thinking about the future of their data centers. The panel members represent very large enterprises to startups.
Venue: Milwaukee - Maggiano's Little Italy